Rev. Jack Howell's Place

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Bible Study > Are You Questioning Your Salvation?

[email protected]
Site Owner
There are times when a Christian will go through a difficult circumstance or situation that is so troubling to him or her that satan will try to take advantage of it and try to get that one to doubt their salvation. This comes as no surprise since satan is known as "the accuser of the brethren" (Revelation 12:10) and accuses us before God, and if he accuses us before God, then it should come as no surprise that he will accuse us directly, causing us to doubt or question our salvation. He comes at us when we are at our spiritual and emotional weakest, such as when we have neglected prayer, study of God's Word, worship of God, we have allowed sin, disobedience to God, and as noted at the beginning of this post, when we are going through difficult physical or even emotional situations. The first thing we need to do when we begin questioning our salvation is to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5), or are we just playing at being a Christian, and by that I mean, have we made an outward appearance of being a Christian without actually having been born anew of the Spirit and Word of God (John 3:3-7;Ephesians 5:26; 1 Peter 1:23)? Some people think they are a Christian just because they attend church, or went through various rites and ceremonies required of a church, and this leads to a false sense of spiritual security until things happen in our life that bring the reality of just being a professor of Christ without actually having been born anew to light. Let me tell you something else, if you are truly born anew of the Spirit and Word of God, YOU WILL KNOW IT because the Spirit Himself will bear witness with your spirit that you are a son or daughter of God (Romans 8:16). If you have truly been born anew, and are going through difficult circumstances and find satan causing you to doubt your salvation, let me tell you that you are not alone. Even the Bible writers went through periods of doubt (see Psalm 51:12 for example). Let me also remind you that satan is a liar and you should not listen to his lies. Get busy praying and studying God's Word, and lift those hands upward and begin to praise God and use these weapons against his lies. When you begin praising God, the doubts leave, and do you know why? It's because God inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3) and satan simply cant stay around when the praises of God go up! Let me give you some scriptures to get you started: Psalm 91:14-16; Micah 7:18-20; John 3:14-21; 11:25-26; Acts 16:31-34; and 1 John 5:9-13.
--

Rev. Jack Howell

February 6, 2016 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.